Information for groups working with Ukrainian Humans
We will add links and information that may be useful for groups, but also for hosts and Ukrainian human families.
Please check out your district council page for the latest local information and for the welcome packs.
CCVS are here to help groups look at finding funding, developing new services and growing so they are able to support hosts and guests. Please get in touch on email@example.com
Local Council Resources
Cambridge City Council have information on their website
South Cambridgeshire District Council have information on their website
Fenland District Council have information available on their website
Huntingdonshire District Council have information available on their website
East Cambridgeshire District Council have information on their website
Cambridgeshire County Council have information on their website
Charity Sector Ukraine Resources
Barnado's Ukrainian Support Helpline
Following discussion with the Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain, Barnado's have set up the Ukrainian Support Helpline to provide a holistic support service.
The Helpline is available to anyone fleeing the conflict in Ukraine.
Get in touch if you need support with:
- Therapy with a qualified psychotherapist – delivered via the phone or online, with access to interpreters
- Advice on a range of issues e.g., housing, accessing key health services, education, employment and more via our trained helpline support workers
- Practical support - access to digital devices to ensure families stay connected to loved ones during this worrying time, as well as stimulating toys for children, vital baby items and more
All services include access to interpreters in Ukrainian and Russian.
The Helpline is open:
- Monday – Friday 10.00am-8.00pm
- Saturday 10.00am-3.00pm
You can phone on: 0800 148 8586
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cambridge Russian Speaking Society (Camruss)
The Ukrainian Guests & Hosts Helpline aims to facilitate communication between Ukrainian Refugees and their host families in Cambridge and Cambridgeshire by providing:
- Translating services (Russian and English languages)
- Orientation tips to help them around and about Cambridge
- Information about local services
Our group of volunteers welcomes Ukrainians and their families here, and we are happy to assist with making Cambridge & Cambridgeshire their new home!
0560 302 5975
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
Saturday 10am - 5pm
The Sanctuary Foundation are supporting potential sponsors, assisting the government in the roll-out of the ‘Homes For Ukraine’ scheme, and resourcing individuals, community groups, churches, schools and businesses to build this vital provision for Ukrainian humans. They also have a great free course that will give you an introduction to Human safety, wellbeing and support.