Trustees: Power to Inspire
Organisation: Power to Inspire
Power2Inspire are seeking to recruit two new Trustees, who will also be Members and Directors of the Company, one of whom will be a specialist in Safeguarding. Election is for a three-year term.
Power2Inspire is a small and young, but dynamic, charity which stages adapted and inclusive sporting events. Our inspirational Founder and Chief Ambassador, who was born without fully formed arms and legs, was also born passionate about sport. Frustrated that, as a child and teenager he could not play sports with his friends, he founded the charity whose Vision is that no-one should be left on the bench. In other words, everyone should have the opportunity to participate in sport (regardless of body type, sex, age, disability, religion or ethnicity) and the opportunity to do so together.
Our Mission is to embed inclusive sport in the sporting, education and community landscapes and we seek to do this through a variety of events, mainly for children and young people.
We would expect an applicant to share the charity’s Vision, to have a strong interest in sport and a desire to make a difference to wellbeing, especially that of disabled people and other underrepresented groups.
You will need to be able to dedicate approximately two days a quarter (eight days a year) to the charity, with each quarter made up of an evening at a board meeting, reading and preparation for that meeting, some administrative tasks (e.g. commenting on policy) in between meetings. Other time could include being part of sub-committees, attending events or supporting the charity in other matters.
An applicant would ideally have skills and experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Disability sport;
- Data protection & Databases;
- Lived experience around Inclusion, Diversity and Equality; and/or
- Encouraging children and young people to participate in sport.
One of the two appointments will be a specialist Safeguarding Trustee, and we would encourage applicants with this skill set to clearly outline their skills and experience in this area. A particular understanding of safeguarding in schools and/or sport would be particularly well received.
As a Trustee, you will be required:
- To ensure that Power2Inspire complies at all times with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation;
- To maintain proper financial control and accountability;
- To set and maintain the vision, mission and values of the charity;
- To develop with the executive the strategy for the charity;
- To oversee employment procedures, policies and their implementation;
- To safeguard the good name of Power2Inspire and to promote the charity;
- To act in the best interests of the charity, never in the interests of yourself or another organisation.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 21 August 2022.
Interviews are due to take place via TEAMS the week beginning 29 August 2022.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to the Chair of Trustees Jeremy Macklin (Jeremy.firstname.lastname@example.org)
For informal enquiries about the role, please email CEO Alex Laybourne, email@example.com