This page will signpost you to resources that your organisation can use to monitor and reduce its environmental impact.
You may find our blog on CCVS signing the Cambridge Carbon Footprint Charter and the changes we’ve made as an organisation a helpful starting point.
These questions could help you think about possible next steps, or areas that your organisation might focus on to reduce its carbon footprint
- Does your organisation have an Environmental Policy or Action Plan?
- Do you understand or know what your organisations Carbon Footprint is?
- Have you thought about your team’s footprint whilst working from home?
- Do you own or rent a premises?
- Does your team travel for work purposes, how do they travel?
- Could digital technology help to reduce your use of paper?
- Do you have a Green Champion in your organisation?
- Do you have staff or volunteer incentives to encourage greener ways of working?
- Are your suppliers or contractors locally based?
Environmental Policy & Action Plan
Environmental Policies act as a commitment by an organisation to address the impact its work has on the environment.
Environment Action Plans are working documents that set out exactly how your organisation will develop a good understanding of its impact and how it will take action to make positive change, within given time frames.
You can download or read CCVS’s Environmental Policy and Action Plan. These documents can be amended to suit the work of your organisation.
Top reads for getting started or refreshing your approach
ACEVO directory of practical tools and tips.
WWF Let’s make our workplaces sustainable, 20 top tips (includes home working)
WWF Sustainable Office Guide, with top tips
Charity Digital How charities can go paperless
Charity Digital How environmentally friendly is your website?
Get in touch with our Development Team for support email@example.com