CCVS cancellation policy for all training and events
CCVS are committed to providing a range of up to date, quality training and networking opportunities (mostly for free) to local voluntary groups. These sessions are developed in response to requests from the sector. They are intended to be interactive sessions where attendees engage in discussion and ask questions. When people fail to turn up to sessions, or do not engage fully when online, the delivery of the session is adversely affected for those attending and engaging. This policy is to help ensure we do not get large numbers of last minute cancellations or no shows.
We recognise that things do crop up at the last minute and as such we will listen to any mitigating issues and look favourably at how we implement the policy. Any appeals or special circumstances will be dealt with by the Chief Executive Officer.
This policy will apply to all CCVS training, workshops and events both online and face to face.
For paid workshops or events - In the event of cancellation or non attendance by the participant
- If more than 7 days’ notice is received a full refund will be given minus any booking or transaction fees incurred by CCVS.
- If less than 7 days’ notice is received no refund will be given. If a place has been booked and no money has been paid but an invoice requested, you will be invoiced for 100% of the workshop fee.
For Free workshops or events - In the event of cancellation or non attendance by the participant:
- If more than 3 days’ notice is received no penalty will occur
- If less than 3 days’ notice is received an administration fee of £15 will be payable.
CCVS has no obligation to give a refund once the workshop has already started, unless in exceptional circumstances, which is at the discretion of the Chief Executive.
Any workshop cancellation must be placed in writing and emailed to email@example.com
Or cancelled on the booking platform.
You must include:
- Name(s) of those booked
- Name of the person making the booking (if different to the above)
- Details of the workshop booked onto
- Reason for cancellation
- Total amount you have paid.
In the event of cancellation by CCVS:
- Workshops may be cancelled if numbers are not sufficient for the course to run.
- Participants will be entitled to a full refund. This refund will be made using the same method as your payment
A pdf of this policy can be downloaded from here